Coastal Seawolves Adventure Day: Kayaking & Fishing
October 14, 2023, 8:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Meeting point • BCMF Office
Join us for an exciting day of adventure and exploration. This event is tailored for our young nature enthusiasts group, Coastal Seawolves (12 - 17 years old) who want to experience the thrill of kayaking and fishing.
- 8:00 AM: Departure from the BCMF Office
- 9:00 AM - 11:30 AM: Kayaking Adventure
Learn the basics of kayaking and explore the serene coastal waters.
- 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM: Lunch Break
Enjoy a delicious lunch provided by us.
- 12:30 PM: Departure to Fishing Location
- 2:30 PM - 5:30 PM: Fishing Expedition
Discover the art of fishing and experience the joy of catching fish
- 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM: Return and Pick up at the BCMF Office
- Guided kayaking lessons for beginners.
- Hands-on fishing experience with expert anglers.
- Lunch and transportation provided for all participants.
- Learn about coastal ecosystems and marine conservation.
- Connect with fellow Coastal Seawolves and make lasting memories.
What to Bring:
Our best advice is to dress for the weather! You aren’t going to want to wear a raincoat and sweater if it’s sunny out, but you will if it is chilly and damp.
Be prepared to be active and comfortable so wear clothes that allow you to move. Jeans are not advisable – wear leggings, non-restrictive shorts or sport pants and you have a much better experience.
We do push you out from the beach once you are in your boat and bring you back in, but do be prepared to get wet so bring a towel and a change of clothes just in case.
- secure wet footwear, if you don’t have booties or watershoes then wear something like running shoes that you don’t mind getting wet
- A non-cotton toque if it’s chilly, or brimmed hat if it’s sunny
- Water bottle to stay hydrated
- Snacks for in-between activities (We also provide some!)
- Towel, and a change of clothes and shoes (You might need to change your clothes after kayaking!)
- Sunglasses with a strap. If you wear prescription glasses we also recommend using a strap.
- Insulating long sleeved non-cotton top and bottoms which will keep you warm even if they get wet
Limited spots available for Coastal Seawolves members only! To secure your spot for this exciting adventure, please sign up now. Participants must be aged between 12 to 17 years.
Don't miss out on this exclusive opportunity designed by the Coastal Conservation department of BC Métis Federation for the Coastal Seawolves group (12-17 years old). We look forward to seeing you there!
For any inquiries or registration assistance, please contact us.